I went from an easy, hurried, low-maintenance facial cleaning ritual to trying out the Asian 10 step skincare routine. Being raised in New York City has damaged and polluted my skin; I'm now repairing and focusing on anti-aging.
I want to buy and use products from a broad number of brands, I didn't just want to stick with one brand, I shopped around and compared all. I will try to write reviews each month, one which will be a list my skincare routine products, sharing my experiences on each product.

Friday, March 18, 2016

Skin INC Get Perfect Holiday Set from Sephora

I have been wanting to try out the Japanese luxury brand Skin INC for quite some time but never got the chance until Sephora had the brand in stores. I got my hands on the SKIN INC set. I was interested in the serum, but sadly you couldn't choose which 3 serums you wanted to add to your final serum bottle.

Date Ordered : March 10
Date Shipped : March 12
Date Arrived : March 14

I'm not picky with shipping, but Sephora stuff used to get to my house in 2-3 days, but now the offer you to pay for "flash 2-day shipping" and if you got the "free shipping over $50" you would wait and extra 2 days--interesting.

 


My first impression was the box is so dirty; it had so much dust on the outer plastic. It must have been sitting in Sephora warehouse---not good at all!

The only reason I brought this set was because of the serum bottle. This is my first SKIN INC product. I could care less about the peeling gel nor the mask. The two white tubes felt so light like there's barely any product inside. Yes, people complain that the pink serum bottle isn't filled to the top-that was my first thought when I took it out of the bottle. Where's the rest of it? But as long as it equals to 30ml, I don't care. I thought that they would tell you want three types of serums was put inside your "custom-blended" serum bottle. I can only guess by visual observation. I see two shades of blue beads so I'm leading towards hyaluronic acid and ceramide. Plus the set says hydrate sensitive skin so I think it's hyaluronic acid and ceramide-I just read the back of the box which confirms the two ingredients. I'm ok with those two ingredients since most of my sheet masks and emulsion have those two ingredients.

I had a few pimples and they have disappeared within 4 days with the help of this serum. This serum will last me until the end of the summer but I think $90 is a bit steep for 30ml of the product. I will not re-purchase this again, I will just keep using the Korean products which has the same stuff. Brands like Dr. Jart+ and belief doesn't disappoint.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment