I went from an easy, hurried, low-maintenance facial cleaning ritual to trying out the Asian 10 step skincare routine. Being raised in New York City has damaged and polluted my skin; I'm now repairing and focusing on anti-aging.
I want to buy and use products from a broad number of brands, I didn't just want to stick with one brand, I shopped around and compared all. I will try to write reviews each month, one which will be a list my skincare routine products, sharing my experiences on each product.

Saturday, January 9, 2016

General Haul #19 - NYC Korean sample sale (from JKNLEE #1)


I missed the first Korean sample sale last summer hosted by Peach &Lily (still upset about it) so I was not going to miss this one. I'm more of a skincare person so I think I would have got more stuff from the Peach & Lily then today's JKNLEE sale. I have been buying Korean skincare and make-up products for a year to realize "what is sale price and retail price", "what is worth getting" and "what isn't according to my skin". I vowed to myself that I would spend less starting this year on cosmetics products but it hasn't been working that well since the year starts with a sample sale. Hurry up, tomorrow is the last day!

I thought that I give the place a hour after opening to avoid the long line and crazy crowd so I arrived at noon and wait 30 minutes to get it. They handed me a small bag to put your goodies in as you shopped. I understand that some people want to read what they are buying so they take a bit longer. I'm one of those people that look, pick or grab and look for the line. I'm kinda upset that there wasn't anymore Mr.G's cream for damaged skin, but I got the goodal's emulsion and essence. But many people were interested in the make-up instead of the skincare, so I went towards the skincare first and then slowly tried to merged into the make-up section. There aren't any testers so the customers were opening the packages to view the color and stuff. It's best to research a bit about the colors before buying. The reps there are very nice asking questions and maintaining the crowds.



Here's my list of goodies:

  1. Soo Ae The Qure Premium Facial Essence Mask E.G.F - 5 pcs - $5
  2. Ostia Korea - Snail Jade Pure Essence Skin Gel Mask - 10pcs - $10
  3. Ostia Korea - Snail Emerald Pure Essence Skin Gel Mask - 10pcs - $10
  4. TonyMoly water melting gloss Delight in 06 Mellow Red - $5
  5. TonyMoly bam bam tint Delight 04 Orange Girl - $5
  6. TonyMoly Fruit Princess Gloss 1 Strawberry - $5
  7. Clio Gelpresso Melting Lipstick 14 Runaway - $5
  8. Clio Gelpresso Melting Lipstick 15 Queen's Red - $5
  9. Clio Diamond Lipstick 24 Swing Pink - $5
  10. Clio Diamond Lipstick 03 Noble Pink - $5
  11. Clio Micro Fine Collagen Mist - $10
  12. Clio Kill cover Cushion Founwear 04 Ginger - (2 boxes) - $20 each
  13. Clio Waterproof Eyeliner 2 Brown - $5
  14. Clio Kill Brown WaterProof Pencil Liner - $5
  15. Clio Gelpresso WaterProof Pencil Gel Liner - 6 Metallic Silver - $5
  16. Clio Gelpresso WaterProof Pastel Upper Liner - $5
  17. goodal Phytorain Murumuru Seed Hydra Emulsion - $7
  18. goodal Phytoshine Acaiberry Brightening Emulsion - $7
  19. goodal Luminant Plus Whitening Essence - $7 (if I knew about this product beforehand, I would have grabbed more)
  20. Peripera Saturday night liner 7 Sunday Night - $5
  21. They gave me three samples - a snail ruby mask sheet and 2 The Cure Pure Nature 3-step Clean Care. It is basically something for your face, hair and body. Perfect for sleepovers or stay-overs.
I didn't get any of their $1 stuff (nail stickers,  eye-shadow) or 3 for $15 (nail polish, lip tint) or Goodal Golden Snail sheet masks. Everything here was a bargain. I think I will be good and save some for other people for tomorrow which is their last day!

  
These 3 pictures are taken from NY.racked.com because it was so crowded and hectic for me to take pics of the store.

Individual reviews coming soon throughout the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment