I went from an easy, hurried, low-maintenance facial cleaning ritual to trying out the Asian 10 step skincare routine. Being raised in New York City has damaged and polluted my skin; I'm now repairing and focusing on anti-aging.
I want to buy and use products from a broad number of brands, I didn't just want to stick with one brand, I shopped around and compared all. I will try to write reviews each month, one which will be a list my skincare routine products, sharing my experiences on each product.

Saturday, July 4, 2015

IOPE Air Cushion Sunblock XP [SPF 50+/PA+++]

This is my VERY FIRST product that lead me into discovering this 10-step Korean skincare routine. I wanted to wait at least a month into using this product in order to have a detailed review.

You have no idea how much research I did before I brought my very first cushion foundation. I've watched YouTube bloggers, read reviews and read ingredients of each brand. In the end, I chose the "grandmother" of all cushion foundations - IOPE. I ordered this from Soko Glam because SokoGlam was based in the USA, and I was skeptical of overseas websites and skincare sold from Amazon at the time. But hey, in general cushions foundations are travel-friendly, has SPF and covers well. I have found my "make-up best friend", I don't think I will ever turn away from cushion foundations. I have noticed that many consumers prefer the C21 or C23 versions, but I wasn't sure how "whitening" would look on me, so I stuck with the "natural".

Cushion foundations have a mixture of foundation, serum, blender, sunscreen and highlighter, so if the brands don't offer your skin tone, you can always make your own. The Korean brands usually have 2 colors - 21 (light) or 23 (natural) and coverage (C) or natural (N) or sheer (S). Since I have a bit of an yellow undertone, I decided to play it safe and brought the N23. Boy, was I happy, the foundation totally blended my skin tone. I don't tan, but my skin isn't as whitening and dewy as can be seen in Korean actresses. I have another refill from IOPE, so I think I will be using this for another 2 months. I don't use foundations daily, just 2 or 3 times a week. I do like the coverage, I was so happy. It does a good job not melting, my first time using it was in a 80F weather.

I'm a clean , germ-free person, or tend to be, so I wash my sponge every week with 3 drops of The body Shop' Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash and half a pump of Bath and Body Works antibacterial soap. Ok, the cons, IOPE doesn't do a good job staying on your face. If you accidentally brush your fingers on your face, the product can easily be wiped off. It smells weird. It tends to cease after a couple of hours, I think that is when re-touching comes into play. It doesn't absorb well, but then again cushion foundations are patted onto the skin. I think this is the best 1st time cushion foundation, especially for beginners and then later on once you get to know your skin more, you can venture off to other brands.

P.S - I will stick with "Natural" tones.
  • Anti-wrinkle anything? The "coverage" will help with wrinkles
  • Moisturizing? Yes.
  • Suitable for sensitive and breakout prone skin? Yes.
  • Suitable for oily skin?  yes.
  • Suitable for dry skin? Yes





No comments:

Post a Comment