I went from an easy, hurried, low-maintenance facial cleaning ritual to trying out the Asian 10 step skincare routine. Being raised in New York City has damaged and polluted my skin; I'm now repairing and focusing on anti-aging.
I want to buy and use products from a broad number of brands, I didn't just want to stick with one brand, I shopped around and compared all. I will try to write reviews each month, one which will be a list my skincare routine products, sharing my experiences on each product.

Sunday, December 18, 2016

General Haul #42 - NYC Kbeauty MeetUp 2016

     
I was honored to be able to participate in the First Annual NYC Kbeauty MeetUp where all us Asian Beauty Skincare addicts came together to talk, gush, love and shop.

First CupidDrop came by when the group met up for coffee in the morning at CaffeBean.
They were so generous to talk about their website where you can buy Korean stuff for free shipping within the US. I know that I will be using their services because I hate buying for international shipping to have my goodies ship from Korea.

   
Next Amy ( @ ) carried these goodies all the way from Delaware to NYC to give these to us. CosRX was kind enough to provide us these generous package of goodies including the popular blackhead cream, acne patches, and the toner. I am so excited about the one-step pads because I never tried that and I find them perfect for lazy people like me during the AM skincare routine. Plus the socks, which I have on now, are so comfy and perfect for the winter season which is 17 degree F now outside.



After coffee, we walked over to Nature Republic to do some shopping. I loved all their products that had Bulgarian rose scent in it. They ended up suprising us with a goodie bag which contains the popular aloe gel, hand cream, ampoule and the ginseng royal silk mask. I couldn't wait much longer so when I got home that night, I used the ampoule and the ginseng royal silk gold mask and I loved it. This brand totally took me by surprise!  

To continue onto with our shopping trip, we went to Club Clio which is one of my favorites Korean makeup stores in NYC. I ended up buying a cushion foundation, which to be honest I still have to get through 20 other cushions foundations. But I couldn't resist this waterkill cushion in shade 03 ginger. Plus the aqua line sheet masks were only $1 each so I got one to try out.




At checkout, Club Clio surprised us with a huge goodie bag including the Dr. G gel serum, a gift set and many sheet masks.

















I didn't know that there was a TooCoolForSchool flagship in NYC.
The prices are a bit pricey but it's nice to know that it's accessible to people who can't get it from Korea. I do love their egg cream products such as the sheet masks. I'm looking forward to try their pumpkin 24K Gold mask. And I do think the hand cream will definitely be used during this winter.















After the morning shopping, since we were at Koreantown, I went to get a bun from bunn and green tea from BesFren. Very tasty!

 


While we are on the topic of BesFren, this store has became my favorite Asian skincare/makeup place in NYC. Great thing is that it's in midtown so it's easy to get to from subways and trains. They have so many brands in the store from skinfood to habolabo. The masks are always on sale and the prices are the lowest that I have seen in NYC. This is where I brought the most stuff on during this entire shopping tour,

 

 


At the end of the day, we received goodie bags from our wonderful coordinators, ranging from Naruko to pixie.

  
Overall, it was a successful meetup and shopping tour and there will be more meetups in the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment