I went from an easy, hurried, low-maintenance facial cleaning ritual to trying out the Asian 10 step skincare routine. Being raised in New York City has damaged and polluted my skin; I'm now repairing and focusing on anti-aging.
I want to buy and use products from a broad number of brands, I didn't just want to stick with one brand, I shopped around and compared all. I will try to write reviews each month, one which will be a list my skincare routine products, sharing my experiences on each product.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

General Haul #36 - Second Annual Peach and Lily Sample Sale in NYC!

I went to this sale right after working the midnight shift at the hospital.
I arrived here at 8:45am and there were about 250 people in front of me, allowing me to get in around 10am. Not bad, but there were so many people that got off the line before me because they were going to be late for work. I feel that attending sample sales on the days that you work are such bad ideas because you have no clue when you will be in the doors. If you made it in, you really did survived lol.


I missed the first annual Peach and Lily sample sale last year so I attended this year at the much larger rented warehouse ground floor space at Stollway at 250 W 39th St. The hours were from 8 am - 10 pm or until supplies last today. I heard that the first girl was here about 6:30am - that's dedication! No point in RSVP-ing because everyone was getting on the line and going in at an ordering fashion. Once in, there was a mandatory bag check on the right. I didn't bring any bags so I just grab a Peach and Lily tote and bypassed that line and started shopping.



The staff was organized and restocking and maintaining order allowing people to shop for 20 minutes. To be honest, that was more than enough time to look at the products. The products were all priced with colored stickers so you knew the prices without having to waste time asking the staff! The prices were straight forwarded-$3, $6, $10, $15, $22, $35. I wasn't as lucky to get some of the $35 products that I was hoping for, but that's ok. There were more than plenty other options to choose from.


The goodies that I got were:
  1. Lagom Cellus Deep Moisture Cream - $29 retail - perfect for winter time
  2. MayCoop Mini Raw Sauce - retail $14 - wasn't happy that they didn't have the full-sized product.
  3. MayCoop Raw Moisturizer $40 retail - 80ml - good for all skin (perfect for summer)
  4. Be the skin - Botanical Nutrition Power Toner - $29 retail 150ml- perfect for dry skin
  5. Be the Skin - Botanical Pore Toner - $25 retail 150ml- perfect for combo to oily skin
  6. Be the Skin - Botanical Nutrition Serum - $35 retail 50ml - good for all skin types
  7. Be the Skin - Botanical Nutrition Power Cream -$39 retail 50ml- good for dry skin
  8. CremorLab Mineral Treatment Essence - $42 retail 270ml - best for combo-oil skin
  9. Cremorlab Shadow-Off Eye Cream - $48 retail 15ml - best for my sensitive skin
  10. Kicho Sheep Oil Cream - $58 retail 65ml - best for all
  11. The Lotus Essence Lotion with Lotus Leaf $64 retail 125ml - I will be using this as an emulsion
  12. The Lotus Essence with Lotus Leaf $64 retail 125ml
  13. The Lotus Leaf and Aloe Calming Serum $52 retail 70ml - best for this summer's bad sun rays
  14. Shangpree S-energy long lasting concentrated serum $120 retail 30ml - good for sensitive and aging skin
  15. Tosowoong TimeShift First Essence AP Therapy - 150ml I didn't see this on their website, but the packaging looks like a dupe for the SK-II
  16. Primera Massage Cream - I think I got the last one. I'm a fan of this brand but I was surprised to see it here. I will use this as a body cream for this upcoming winter.
I was looking for the Kicho Sleeping mask but that was nowhere to be seen, but I was happy that I saw the beautiful packaged Sheep Oil Cream product. I was also looking for the Koh Gen Do brand, but since it was new to Peach and Lily, chances are that it wasn't going to be at the sample sale today. There's only a few more hours left to attend this one-day sale today.


You get your receipt either via email or text and the receipt is based on color coding not organized by product name so count how many products you get and double check when they charge you.
I think I purchased enough skincare for this upcoming winter and summer seasons to come!
Happy Shopping!
Individual reviews coming up soon when I use these products one by one!

No comments:

Post a Comment