I went from an easy, hurried, low-maintenance facial cleaning ritual to trying out the Asian 10 step skincare routine. Being raised in New York City has damaged and polluted my skin; I'm now repairing and focusing on anti-aging.
I want to buy and use products from a broad number of brands, I didn't just want to stick with one brand, I shopped around and compared all. I will try to write reviews each month, one which will be a list my skincare routine products, sharing my experiences on each product.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Taiwan Trip June 2017 Part 3 - Shopping (skincare) and Food

I finally had some free time towards the end of my trip to do some Asian skincare shopping!
Look at all the fast food in the picture below - it's a combination of western and eastern.
Must keep yourself hydrated!
All the skincare that I hauled on this trip. Of course there is alot of green tea and brightening related products.
Green tea and red bean are always a part of Taiwanese snacks and pastries.
Mangoes and dragon fruits were in season! They were delicious!
If you visit Taiwan and you love matcha and red bean as much as I do, you can find these ice bars in the huge chain-supermarkets.

Below is an old alleyway where you can find snacks and dried medicinal things.
Below is the common 8-flavored shaved ice. All the toppings are on the bottom.


If you visit Kaohsiung, you must come here to eat the mango shaved ice (if you come in the summer time when mangoes are in season). The owner makes all her toppings!
The strawberry and banana pudding toppings were so yummy!
My mornings were usually matcha milk and pudding pastries orientated!


Of course, we visited this American-styled diner and had some grilled salmon, cod and steak. 
The portions were huge!




Sushi and Seaweed was all I had my eyes on here in Taiwan!
10NT each and you can see that I love Jasmine black/purple rice.


Going back, I took the High Speed train from Kaohsiung to Taipei. I'm sorry for the person that was caught in my pic, but I really wanted to take a pic of the sign "Zuoying" before my train left!


This was my lunch of guava smoothie and Japanese bento that I brought at the Taipei Main Station when I got off the High Speed train in Taipei. The eel bento was only 200NT (~$7US). 
I went near Taiwan University to find some cheap and yummy food with a cousin and was recommended to try this Cantonese-styled place. I ordered the typical BBQ pork fried rice. It was really good. The 3 desserts are unlimited and self-served. The teas are self-served and really delicious. 


My last drink was from a vending machine at the Taoyuan airport. 
This British milk tea tasted better than milk teas that I had in England...just saying.


The food coming back from Taipei to the US on United Airlines wasn't tasty at all. 
Maybe my taste buds were spoiled in Taiwan-haha.
View from the skies!!
Below is an extra pic of an almost ripe Mango from the branch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment