I went from an easy, hurried, low-maintenance facial cleaning ritual to trying out the Asian 10 step skincare routine. Being raised in New York City has damaged and polluted my skin; I'm now repairing and focusing on anti-aging.
I want to buy and use products from a broad number of brands, I didn't just want to stick with one brand, I shopped around and compared all. I will try to write reviews each month, one which will be a list my skincare routine products, sharing my experiences on each product.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Taiwan Trip June 2017 Part 1 (Mostly Food)

Usually, Taiwan is very hot and humid during the summer raining season but I always stay in Kaohsiung cause it is usually sunny there. This trip was only a week for me and I tried to make the most of it despite the 95F weather every single day.


I know what everyone thinks about United Airlines after the sandal, but it was the only flight that fit my schedule and it flew from my city to Taiwan with only one layover in-between. The snack on the domestic flight were these waffle cookies and they were really good. A bit sweet though, but delicious.
The landing was so smooth that I didn't even know we hit ground from San Francisco to Taipei. I really wanted to applaud the pilot and co-pilots.
Sometimes the vegetarian options are the more better ones. I had the vegetable fried rice and salad. There was also ice cream mid-way through the flight.
Breakfast was given two-three hours before the flight landed in Taiwan. I choose the peach& blueberry pancake with sausage-my advice, don't pick this one. The only thing good from this option was the fruit salad.
Welcome to Taiwan! There is a subway (cost-$35NT) from Taoyuan International Airport to the High Speed bullet train. Make sure you have a "yo-yo" card which is the subway/bus transportation card. You can buy your High Speed train ticket at the booth.
Of course, there were 7-Eleven convenient stores that sold drinks, snacks, food and etc. The first drink I purchased was this new Rose Honey Milk Tea. I love this line and I miss it every time I leave Taiwan.


Breakfast the next morning was Leek Bun and dragonfruit. 
Lunch was beef scallion pancake and jasmine black/purple rice or Oryza sativa L.


Afternoon snack/Dessert was the upgraded version of shaved ice,  It had matcha and grass jelly with mango, taro, almond, red bean and other stuff along with ice and sugar.
Sushi was for dinner. They were 10NT a piece (about $0.30 cents)


Must remember to keep self hydrated in the crazy 95F temperature. Unsweetened teas and milk teas were ideal for my taste buds.
 



The next couple days my tummy was filled with beef noodle soup, sushi and mango shaved ice.




Bottled Water and grass jelly drinks (yes, they were about $1 each) helped me hydrate my body.
Guava drinks are very popular in Taiwan too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment