I went from an easy, hurried, low-maintenance facial cleaning ritual to trying out the Asian 10 step skincare routine. Being raised in New York City has damaged and polluted my skin; I'm now repairing and focusing on anti-aging.
I want to buy and use products from a broad number of brands, I didn't just want to stick with one brand, I shopped around and compared all. I will try to write reviews each month, one which will be a list my skincare routine products, sharing my experiences on each product.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

PUREHEALS Ginseng Berry 80 Overnight mask

After using this for a month and halfway through the amount of product, I thought I write a review. This is a heavy physical product (260 grams for 100 ml) and the inside smells of berries and is slightly pink. When using this I had no problems until last night when I notice that in the air conditioned room, once I rubbed my face, tiny flakes or balls of product would annoying fall off. So I goggled and did some research. I looked back at the box and noticed that this product have the two of the 5 big silicone ingredients - Dimethicone and Cyclopentasiloxane.

I guess I have sensitive skin when it comes to silicone because I get those tiny balls of silicone when I applied the product to my face. So I went through my entire stash of opened and unopened products and it seems that all my creams and sleeping mask that I have brought all have silicone. Wish I knew about this before, oh well, you learn and live wisely. Just because silicone doesn't work on me, doesn't mean it won't work for you. Everyone skin is different. This creams did firm and tighten my skin so yes to the anti-wrinkling portion. But no to the anti-scarring and acne. It does have fruit extract and ginseng in this product, but does not smell medicinal. After looking at the ingredients, this look more chemically than medicinal. However, this was a good first sleeping pack product-I learned a lot.



Now I'm starting to understand why products such as Sulwhasoo, Hera, Hanyul and etc cost alot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment