I went from an easy, hurried, low-maintenance facial cleaning ritual to trying out the Asian 10 step skincare routine. Being raised in New York City has damaged and polluted my skin; I'm now repairing and focusing on anti-aging.
I want to buy and use products from a broad number of brands, I didn't just want to stick with one brand, I shopped around and compared all. I will try to write reviews each month, one which will be a list my skincare routine products, sharing my experiences on each product.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Chicago 2017 Trip


This is my 400th Review on my blog!! I'm excited that it's a trip review! I went to the Windy City (Chicago for the first time and I enjoyed it. I would be back to this lovely city!

It was raining when I board the plane, so you can see that I made a face.
When arrived, I brought a 3-Day CTA pass to use the subway for $20.
I went to Chinatown the next morning and was surprised on how big it was.
It's full of culture and authentic food. I wasn't able to try the DIMSUM like I wanted to because the wait was 45 minutes in the morning.
Instead I walked over to the candy store of my childhood!!




I got all the matcha candy in the store! Very little for $10.

I went to buy an overpriced but yummy donut at Do-Rite Donuts near the hotel that I was staying at. The flavor was pistachio lemon and it was thick and delicious.

At night, we were craving for sushi and went to JellyFish and ordered sushi!
We got the (from top to bottom) Veggie Delight Roll, Crazy Veggie Roll, Crabby Eel roll, Torched Salmon roll (the best out of 4),


Did touristy things the next day while visiting Millenium Park to see the "bean".




Food trunks along the park!! I got the Canadian poutine. Very average, but I wanted to eat it.

The next morning, we went to Beatrix for brunch and got Steak and Eggs, Cripsy Kale Salad, Rainbow Toast, Hummus. Sadly to sad, but I ended the Rainbow Toast the best. The steak and eggs were a bit pricey for what was given.
Next we went to visit Navy Pier and I ordered the Chicago-styled hotdog. It's just more salty and sour.
I wanted curly fires!




The Buckingham Fountain. This picture doesn't do it justice.
For dinner, I went to Imperial Lamien to try the instagram famous "combination xiao long bao".
It had flavors such as gruyere cheese, crab, truffle, duck, spicy szechuan and shanghai. Just picture worthy and taste wise it's just average.
This is the combination vegetarian. This was much better than the steamed combination. Just saying.


For late night snack, we went to the pub near us to get the famous "Irish Nachos" that we saw on Man vs Food while at the hotel. These were good!
The next morning, we had our last meal (brunch) at Lyft Kitchen. This is the Avocado Spinach Fritata with roasted potatos.

Overall, the "windy City" gave me the perfect weather for this trip and I will definitely visit again! This reminded me of NYC but the sales tax really scared me. 10.25% is very steep and it limited me from going crazy shopping. I only got a pair of sandals at DSW and a blouse at Nordstorm Rack. Plus they also charge for bags - plastic- 7 cents and paper-14 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment